2015-2016 School Profile
Terryville High School Core Values, Beliefs and Learning Expectations
(Adopted October 14, 2015)
Terryville High School is a community of adult and student learners. We believe that every student must have a common core of knowledge that allows them to be flexible and adaptable. We teach students to respect themselves and others, take responsibility for personal well-being, and to be a participatory citizen.
Terryville High School Core Value
Respect for self and others
Collaboration in a variety of settings
Personal integrity promoting healthy living
Maintaining a nurturing, communal, and civil atmosphere
Terryville High School Beliefs about Learning
All students have the potential to learn and achieve through a curriculum and programs that blend academic, creative, artistic, and athletic pursuits.
Students learn best when instruction provides them with meaningful connections to their life.
Students must feel safe, both physically and emotionally, in their school and their classrooms.
Terryville High School Learning Expectations
1. Write effectively using a variety of modes to communicate ideas to various audiences
2. Read media to comprehend, learn, interpret, analyze and evaluate.
3. Communicate effectively using a variety of methods to engage an identified audiecne through speaking, listening and presenting.
4. Work independently and collaboratively to question, analyze, evaluate and synthesize information to create solutions and products.
5. Demonstrate technological literacy using appropriate and relevant digitaltools for multiple purposes.
6. Contribute positively to a diverse culture that respects others, fosters responsibility, reflects ethical standards, promotes personal wellness including college and career readiness, and embraces community engagement and global awareness.
Click HERE for a PDF version of our Core Values, Beliefs and Learning Expectations!