2014-2015 School Profile
Terryville High School Core Values, Beliefs and Learning Expectations
(Adopted December 17, 2014)
Terryville High School is a community of adult and student learners. We believe that every student must have a common core of knowledge that allows them to be flexible and adaptable. We teach students to respect themselves and others, take responsibility for personal well-being, and to be a participatory citizen.
Terryville High School Core Value
- Respect for self and others
- Collaboration in a variety of settings
- Personal integrity promoting healthy living
- Maintaining a nurturing, communal, and civil atmosphere
Terryville High School Beliefs about Learning
- All students have the potential to learn and achieve
- Students learn best when instruction provides them with meaningful connections to their life
- Students must feel safe, both physically and emotionally, in their school and their classrooms
Terryville High School Learning Expectations
- Blend academic, creative, artistic, and athletic pursuits to develop the potential of every student
- Read, write, and speak effectively
- Use appropriate digital and varied research tools
- Create, develop, modify, and apply questions
- Research, analyze, and evaluate information
- Create and reflect on meaningful connections to college, career, and citizenship
- Demonstrate productive and skillful decision making
- Work effectively both independently and collaboratively
- Exhibit personal responsibility, character, and ethical behavior
- Participate in school and community
- Acknowledge diversity and practice tolerance with respect for alternative perspectives
- Display preparedness for participation in life beyond high school
- Exercise rights and responsibilities in a democratic society while identifying and developing a global awareness
Click HERE for a PDF version of our Core Values, Beliefs and Learning Expectations!
2015 - 2016 School Year
Click HERE for the Daily Schedule
Terryville High School: 7:32 a.m. to 2:12 p.m.
90 Minute Delay
Terryville High School: 9:02 a.m. to 2:12 p.m.
2 Hour Delay
Terryville High School: 9:32 a.m. to 2:12 p.m.
Emergency Early Dismissal
Terryville High School: 7:32 a.m. to 11:45 a.m.
Terryville High School: 7:32 a.m. to 11:40 a.m.