- Speech, conduct, or material that conveys an profane, sexually suggestive, or objectively offensive message;
- Speech, conduct, or material that is meant to, or the average person would reasonably believe is meant to, harass or intimidate a person because of that person’s race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, ethnicity, or other classification protected under Connecticut or federal law;
- Speech, conduct, or material that attacks or impugns the personal character or integrity of any PPS student, parent, employee, officer, agent, volunteer, or individual contracted to work in a school building(s);
- Speech, conduct, or material that amounts to a threat against the health, safety, or welfare of any PPS facility, student, parent, employee, officer, agent, volunteer, or individual contracted to work in an PPS school buildings;
- Speech, conduct or material that is obscene, libelous, or so incite students as to create a clear and present danger of the commission of unlawful acts on school premises, violation of school rules, or substantial disruption of the school’s orderly operation.
- Speech, conduct, or material that discloses confidential student information – this would include the posting of student school work without the permission of the student or their parent(s)
All users of PPS Media Sites further understand that:
- All users are personally responsible for the content of their posts and PPS is not responsible for the content of external online platforms.
- The views and comments expressed on the site are those of the users and do not necessarily reflect the views of PPS.
- Any reference, including any links, to a specific commercial product, service or website does not imply endorsement or recommendation of that product or service by PPS.
- All users are encouraged to regularly check their own, and their children's, social media platform security and privacy settings on a regular basis.
Questions, or concerns, regarding violations in the use of any PPS Social Media Sites can be directed to the Superintendent's Office by calling 860-314-8005.